Hat: Designed by Louisa Voisine Millinery Spring Collection
Dress: "The Titanic Dress" Downton Abbey Spring Collection
Will be available this Spring in her Las Vegas Boutique!
Heels: BCBG Thrifted Savers
You might remember THIS post where I talked a little bit about my opportunity to work with Louisa Voisine Millinery...WELL..not only do I get to wear some of her gorgeous hats for her upcoming Spring collection Fashion Show benefiting Dress for Sucess...but I got to take some with me along with a new collection of Downton Abbey dresses she will be carrying in her boutique!! Ummm I kinda wanted my hubby to tell me" ROSE...I will never let you go...I will never let you go..." in this dress... haha if you know where that is from...haha leave a comment! haha
Here are a few things I learned about hats...and well myself IN hats...
1. Wearing a hat that is not a baseball hat or fedora seemingly gets a lot more attention from EVERYONE.
2. When wearing a hat of such grandeur one must hold their hand out to the side as if they were holding an imaginary cup of tea...EXAMPLES above haha
3. Every hat has a name...this hat's name is Colette...which ironically was my french name in college.
4. This particular hat took 4 days to make by hand using Sinamay: a plant grown in the Philippines where the fibers are woven into sheet or hood forms. (let's just say I carried this thing like a BABY!)
5. Men don't understand hats (but I think that may be the case for most things women LOVE) haha
I will have some more from my "Let's learn about fancy hats, because I have become OBSESSED edition" next week! If you guys have any questions about hats let me know and I will ask her..I am fascinated by the whole process...my grandmother in Paris ALWAYS wore a hat...maybe that is where I got it from? If you see a lady wearing a fancy hat in Vegas...well...it might be me...just sayin...