E short for Elizabeth from Random Stupidness made me smile last week when she awarded me this style blog award. Thanks for the link E!!! (I Love reading your randomness, and I love your blog!) I have really only been "blogging" since the end of December of 2010 and I am loving every minute of it. This award is a great way to discover new fashion blogs and bloggers and I am honored to be included!!!
Now this award didn't come without a little work, as all things do in the blog world. Here are the rules and how I will be nominating one of you!
1. Thank the person who sent the award to you
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to bloggers you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic
4. Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award
7 Things About Me...
1. I was born in Las Vegas, Nevada and I grew up in a traditional home, I know I am from Vegas, but my parents were born in Casablanca, Morocco. I wasn't aloud to date until I was 16, cut my hair until I was 18, and no T.V after 9.pm and we didn't have cable...but what we did have was Music (The Arts), Family Dinner (Tradition), and lots of laughter...hahah I thank them for their strict upbringing as it has made me who I am today. My Children will know the same...
2. I began dancing at the Royal Academy of Ballet at age 7. I received High Honors throughout my courses with the exception of Commended on my Pre-Elementary Exam. I loved ballet. I miss it everyday and hope that I will just jump back in, though scared I am not what I used to be Ballet and dance was a part of my life for 18 years. ( I was trying to find pics and realized this was way before the digital age...haha)
|That is me on the right next to the girl in 5th position :O) I was very strict haha|
One of my Modern Dance numbers...Pocahontas obviously...haha
3. I HATE Cake. Now my friends are aware of this..but for those of you this may come as a surprise..I hate cake...I hate sweets..yep...not a fan of chocolate either...Every birthday my parents would get a big fat cake and we would blow out the candles and then I would help pass it out...haha BUT if there is a plate of French Fries and Mashed Potatoes in front of me WATCH OUT!!
4. I can not live without Hot Sauce. I love spicy...anything...I actually carry one of those mini Tabasco bottles with me in my purse..Seriously...My friends made fun of me when they saw the gigantic 6lb bottle of jalapenos in my fridge..you know the ones I'm talking about..from Costco...enough to last at least 1 month haha
6. I am obsessed with anything old...fashion, furniture, jewelry. I love antiques and I love clothing from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong era...I recently inherited my grandmothers antique couches..they are gorgeous!!! I also just found an antique sewing table!!! Ughh talking about this is making me want to go thrifting NOW!
7. I may or may not be on the show hoarders in 20 to 30 years...but honestly and I know my friends can attest to this..I have A LOT OF STUFF...but it's good stuff..not like trash or "AS SEEN ON TV" Stuff....I mean my craft room is like a Michael's and I just finished the room, I will show you soon! My sewing machine is fixed too!! Woohooo! but back to my stuff...I do love to hang on to things...like my first cell phone..my elementary school id, and my first cassette tape..(Young MC) but I just love being able to help out for a party or give something to someone that they need..It's like I want to be the go to for stuff... husband isn't as thrilled with the master plan...haha
Ok there is 8 cuz I felt as though I couldn't forget my boo boos...
8. I love animals...obviously by the two labs and two cats. But really...after my mom passed away I immediately had my heart set on getting puppies...I mean how can you resist these monkeys...seriously..I LOVE THEM!!! But really they make me laugh, smile, and are truly the loves of my life...I know...I know..I need to have a baby already..let me dote on them for a while please..
Look at this face...seriously..sometimes I just chew on her ears...seriously...
Don't forget to link up any secrets you may have to helping all of us save some money and get creative! Remember it doesn''t have to be clothing and it doesn't have to be from a thrift store, it just needs to be on SALE, or possibly a secret to saving a few dollars!